During my trip, I didn’t want to lose myself in ugly layers of clothes just to stay comfortable and warm. Therefore, I made it a point to only pack essential clothing but at the same time pack light.
In doing so, I had to get creative with ways to dress warm in cold weather.
Here’s my alternatives;
1. Instead of your usual beanie hats, use a scarf. It can be a head cover, a wind breaker and a hair control in those cold and windy weather. (Ladies with long hair can relate).
2. You can still wear a knee length dress but layer on knee length socks! Why should you stop wearing a dress in the cold.
Not into long socks wear, then use leggings underneath your dress.
3. Running shoes should not be the default walking shoes. Wear short heeled boots, mocassins, cowboy boots or hiking boots even. Bring a separate pair if you must.
4. Reversible jackets can give you two different styles and looks. Most are of lightweight material and come in different colors, patterns to suit your style.
5. If you can trade or swap clothes with whoever is travelling or vacationing with you, why not! My daughter and I happen to like each others style and she mostly fit my clothes, so we have traded jackets and she likes trying out some of my accessories.
6. Worse case scenario, buy new clothes from your trip. Its another reason why packing light is key here. How else are you going to make room with all the shopping you will be doing.
Other than that…Happy vacationing/staycationing and I hope you enjoy your summer!