To some, an outfit is not complete without a spritz of their favorite perfume or cologne. For me I like mixing things up by wearing male scents instead of female perfumes.
I never considered wearing musky scents fearing I smell “manly,” but in truth it depends on your scent profile and others around you so I figured why not ask around and try it out!
Arming myself with YouTube videos about colognes and the different ways of applying scents on your body, I took off and tried every scent available in my area.
Here’s what I learned;
1. Don’t let the sales rep convince you which scent works for you, make the time to smell their popular and unpopular scents.
2. To help reset your senses, utilize the coffee beans they have for customers to use. It helps me avoid headaches after a few whiffs.
3. Don’t be intimidated by the masculine packaging, it just an indication that you’re about exploring your options.
4. High end scents are not necessarily the better option.
5. If you have sensitive skin, be mindful of where you apply your chosen scent/s.
6. Be aware of performance when wearing scents of your choice, some might last all day while others do not.
7. Don’t limit yourself by just wearing one if you like to mix up your own unique scent/s, go ahead!
Overall, my favorite fresh scent is Dolce and Gabbana’s “Light Blue;” while my go-to scent for performance is Christian Dior’s “Sauvage.”