I long for comfort especially when it comes to my feet. Sadly, Im not the type to enjoy pedicures since I dread the loofah or any scrubbing by the pedicurist’s, because I always end up mustering all my effort from giggling since my feet are ticklish.
Therefore, the only way for me to “pamper” my feet is by wearing non heeled shoes, so what’s more non heeled than men’s loafers!
I have to admit, at first I was not drawn to it since I can’t get over the fact that everytime I try a pair or two and look down, my feet end up looking like two airplanes! However the more I try more pairs of mens loafers, the more I start to appreciate the unique look.
As you can tell below, I went the extra mile to take as many comparisons as possible. One foot stays the same while the other is my “sample” foot.
In the end I own three pairs of mens loafers, below’s my experience so far;
1. Start with neutral colors so you can easily pair it with your current wardrobe. For me, I own two in dark brown color and a pair in black.
2. Men’s loafers come in many colors and designs. I suggest going for nothing too loud in color or too flashy in design. Make it worth your money so choose loafers that you can wear as much as possible.
3. Look at the bottom of the loafers because some have little to no sole grip. Those are designed for office or formal wear. Its best to invest in loafers you won’t slip over.
4. Depending on your comfort level, men’s loafers can be worn with or without socks!
5. Dare yourself to pair it with your dressy outfits, I haven’t crossed that treshold yet but eventually I will.
6. If you are still adamant at trying out anything from the men’s section, go when its not too crowded. Usually as the store opens or near closing hours; retail sites often show their peak hours so you can gauge what’s the best time for you.
7. If you’re still self concscious about it, bring a male counterpart to shop with you so its not as awkward as you make it seem.
Other than that, enjoy the experience if not the finds, until my next post!