I avoided weight training/lifting due to my lack of basic knowledge about it to which developed several misconceptions.
I figured I share some of those misconceptions based on my experience, just for your entertainment:
1. I would end up looking like She Hulk, although I have to say she looks awesome!
2. Protein powders and BCAA’s do not make a difference. Personally, it did for me and its amazing!
3. Building muscle increases your appetite so food prepping is such a hassle.
4. Muscle building takes a long time even with a scheduled workout and strict food regiment.
5. Working out takes awhile to be habit forming.
6. For best results you need to hire a personal trainer.
Only a few weeks of incorporating weight lifting in my workout; Boy! was I proved wrong. I am so happy each misconception are merely just that.
How about you, do you have any misconceptions to add?