Working out in the hopes of losing weight is not enough for my body to shed unwanted pounds, so I am slowly changing my diet but still feel full and not cheated of calories my body craves.
Low-key but healthy changes for me does not include fad diets, cleansing concoctions, calorie counting or fasting. Just mentioning such things makes me hit the “easy” button of taking fat burn pills or quiting altogether.
Let me share ways of what I started so far:
1. Small changes by adding veggies to my meals and snacking on freeze dried fruits. Nothing too drastic but I know it will become a routine.
2. Not cutting on alcohol, just being picky about what I drink such as strictly sticking with red wine.
3. Sunday is cheat day so my body does not feel deprived too much.
4. Continue with my 5 day work out routine. Alternating days of weight training days and cardio.
5. Pack lunch with healthy snacks in between.
6. Purge my pantry and fridge of old or expired meals/ingredients, this includes spices.
7. Bulk buy only when its a staple ingredient/supply.
8. If possible, invest in the upkeep of your home, such as professionally cleaning your AC units and installing water purifiers. It pays off in the long run, your health would thank you.
9. Surround yourself with those who trully support and motivate you. Avoid or cut out those who only drag you down.
10. Keep up with your bills, the last thing you need is stressing about keeping your account current. Stress only limits your ability to lose weight.